I became part of the team working to plant an innovative home church called Family Life Group. This group meets Saturday evenings for worship, fellowship, and dinner. It is mostly composed of young families and has created a dynamic community of support for them. I work with the children to allow the adults to give their full attention to the study of the Bible.
|We made paper plate aquariums to remember|
the story of Jonah and the whale.
I continue to support CRASH Japan's work to bring relief, healing, and the Gospel to those devastated by the events of March 11, 2011. One way the organization does this is through the Disaster Response Chaplain Program. CRASH Japan partners with other Christian and disaster relief organizations to provide disaster response training to Japanese pastors and lay leaders. The first event in this program, a forum involving Christian leaders from all over Asia, was held this month in Tokyo to stimulate discussion (see video). This forum was so successful that another is planned for this coming November and the first official training seminar will be held next February.
|Click to watch participants' response to the forum.|
Those who participate in the training seminar will be better able to provide comfort to the many Japanese people who are anxious at the thought of a repeat of last year's disaster. Scientists predict that Japan will experience another large earthquake in the near future. To learn more, click here.
- On July 11, Not For Sale Japan held a meeting with Sophia University students who became interested in volunteering with us through our June lecture. It's exciting to have new volunteers and new ideas!
- I'm learning more Japanese. I enjoy meeting with my tutor, a Christian Japanese woman, and individual study (see photo). Thanks for praying!
- I had a safe and enjoyable visit with my sister to see Thomas in Kyoto, and was able to be a tourist for a day. Click here to see pictures and read more about our trip.
- Currently, I am on a family vacation on the coast of Japan. Missionaries have been coming to this group of cabins for over a hundred years. It's a great time to visit with friends, relax with family, and gear up for another year!
|Studying Japanese is challenging, but rewarding.|
This month, please remember these prayer requests:
- Pray that I will be able to serve the children of Family Life Group and that this church will grow and be a blessing to those who attend.
- Praise God for the success of the Disaster Response Chaplain Forum! Pray that Christian Japanese leaders will continue to dialogue and prepare so that the church here can be a light in future disasters.
- Praise God for bringing more willing volunteers to Not For Sale Japan! Pray that we will be able to work together to make a real change against human trafficking in Japan.
- Praise God for safety in all my travels this month! Pray for continued safety and rejuvenation, both for myself and all missionaries here on vacation, and as we return to ministry.