We celebrated both our birthdays in November. For Caitlin's, we took a day trip to visit some mountains outside of Kyoto where we walked in a bamboo forest and fed monkeys (see photo). For Thomas', we went out for all-you-can-eat Japanese table top barbecue.
|Feeding monkeys for Caitlin's birthday.|
Also in November, KIUA held its annual school festival. Thomas was quite busy helping his homeroom make fried potatoes and a Korean barbecue dish called bulgogi. It was a hectic but successful day, and he was very thankful that he got the following Monday off. (His birthday!)
Caitlin spent a lot of November and December preparing for the Jubilee Kids Christmas concert. On December 14th the students put on an hour and a half concert for their families which included singing, dancing, a short drama, and piano recitals. The school's founder also gave a message on the meaning of Christmas. As most of the students come from non-Christian homes, this was an exciting opportunity to share the gospel with them.
We have been enjoying visiting Caitlin's family in Tokyo for our Christmas holiday (see photo). It's been a lovely time of relaxation and celebration. We will be traveling back to Kyoto on January 4, and we both will resume work on Monday, January 6.
|Christmas in Tokyo with Caitlin's family.|
What else is happening?
- We enjoyed going on a church hike at the end of November (see photo). We're beginning to feel at home as we build relationships with our neighbors and coworkers in Kyoto.
- Next week, Caitlin will begin teaching a new class to older students at her school.
- We will both be starting the last semester of this school year. (The Japanese school year ends in March.)
|Hiking in Ikoma, near Kyoto.|
This month, please remember these prayer requests:
- Pray that we will continue to grow together and be a blessing to each other and to those around us.
- Praise God for opportunities to share the gospel!.Pray for those affiliated with our schools who do not have a saving relationship with Christ and were exposed to the gospel through programs this Christmas season.
- Praise God for new friendships, and pray that we will continue to adjust to life in Kyoto.
- Praise God for the opportunities we have to serve him at the schools we teach at. Pray for wisdom and enthusiasm as we enter the new semester.
Caitlin and Thomas