CRASH Japan headquarters staff and volunteers (see photo) worked especially hard this past week to prepare for a three-day Survivor Care seminar in Sendai, a major city in the region affected by the triple disaster last March, to train local leaders in emotional care. We hope that these and other training sessions will assist in making recovery sustainable, so that healing can continue when organizations like CRASH Japan are no longer in the field.
|Meet the staff I work with at CRASH Japan.|
|Caitlin Potter presents at Sophia University.|
What else has been going on?
- I worked to organize feedback from CRASH Japan staff and volunteers to be utilized for organizational and outreach improvement.
- Christian Academy in Japan, where I provide daycare for staff kids, wrapped up the school year June 8. I am looking forward to resuming my work at the daycare in the fall.
- Thomas was able to visit from Kyoto for a weekend, and my family had a good time getting to know him a little bit better.
- I began taking Japanese lessons from a Christian Japanese woman, and am excited about the improvement I can see already!
This month, please remember these prayer requests:
- Praise God for the emotional care training CRASH Japan was able to provide to leaders in Sendai. Pray that healing will continue and those with no hope will find the hope of the gospel.
- Pray for safe travels for all CAJ staff and students over the summer break.
- Praise God for the success of the NFS Japan lecture at Sophia University! Pray that we will have more volunteers to help with projects.
- Pray that I will continue to progress in my Japanese studies.
Thank you for your support of God's work in Japan!